Finland Visit Visa From Pakistan | Finland Tourist Visa from India | Schengen Visa in 2023 | Schengen Visit Visa | Finland Tourist Visa for Indian | Finland Visit Visa Requirements from Pakistan | Finland Visit Visa for Indian | Tourist Visa fees for Finland from India | Finland Visit Visa from India | Finland Tourist Visa from Pakistan
Citizens of India and Pakistan needs a Visit Visa to travel to Finland for the purpose of tourism or business. Getting Finland visit visa is not that difficult as many people think. If you are looking for the insider details about Finland visit visa, then you are on the right page. Here you can get all the necessary and most updated information about getting Finland visit visa in 2023 as a Non-EU National.
Finland Visit Visa For EU & Non-EU Nationals
All EU nationals can travel to Finland without a visa, they only need to carry thier travel document and valid identification. Citizens of Nordic countries do not even need their travel document to travel to Finland, they just need their ID to enter Finland.
For Non-EU Nationals, Finland government offers different types of short stay visas. If you want to travel to Finland just for a holiday as a tourist, visiting a friend or a family member or on an official bussiness trip, you need to apply for a Finland Visit Visa.
As Finland is a member of Schengen Zone, so the Finland Visit Visa is actually a “Short Stay Schengen Visa” which allows you to freely travel within 28 Schengen countries for the maximum period of 90 days.
Indian and Pakistani nationals require a visit visa to enter Finland. To obtain a visa, applicant must fulfil a set of requirements.
Finland Visit Visa Application Requirements
All applicants of Finland Visit Visa (*Schengen Visa) must submit the following documents for their visit visa application.
- Visa Application Form
- Travel Document
- Passport – Must be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which you leave the Schengen zone.
- Copy of CNIC and FRC (for Pakistani Nationals only)
- Photographs (Photo specifications available on Finland Immigration Website)
- Return Air Ticket Reservation
- Proof of Accommodation
- Hotel Booking
- If staying with any friend or family member, you must provide a letter of sponsorship from them.
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Travel medical insurance must be valid for the duration of whole trip to Schengen zone, The minimum coverage of the policy must be €30,000.
- Travel Plan
- A day to day plan for your entire trip.
- Bank Statement of last 3 months
- Tax returns of last two years
- NTN certificate (for Pakistani Nationals only)
- If the applicant is employed;
- Pay slips of last three months
- Copy of the employment contract
- An employer’s letter stating the approval for leave, specifying the dates of absence, position and salary of the employee, duration of employment and contact information of the company’s authorized person.
- If the applicant is self-employed;
- Company registration certificate
- Important: A Cover Letter for your visit visa application with complete details of your trip to Finland, travelling dates, flight details, addresses where you will be staying in Finland etc.
How To Apply Finland Visit Visa from India and Pakistan
All Visit Visa Applications for Finland must be submitted in-person at VFS Global (Visa Application Centre) in your home country. VFS Global have offices in India and Pakistan at different locations. Applicants can choose the nearest VFS Global Visa Application Centre to submit their application.
Fees for Finland Visit Visa Application
- Finland Visit Visa application fee is €80 for each applicant above 11 years of age.
- For the children between the ages of 6 and 11, the Finland Visa Application fee is €40.
- There is no fee for the kids below the age of 6.
Apart from the Visa Application Fee, VFS Global services charges as of today are:
- For the applicants in India – €28 (INR 2,351)
- For the applicants in Pakistan – PKR 6,563
*Fees can be paid in cash at VFS Visa Application Centre at the time of Visa application submission.
Finland Schengen Visa Application Process
The first step in applying for a Finland (Schengen) visit visa from India or Pakistan is to gather all the necessary documents as mentioned above. Make an appointment with the VFS Global (Visa Application Centre), this appointment can be made online or over the phone call.
On the day of appointment, applicant must submit their Finland Visit Visa application in-person along with the complete set of all required documents.
When visiting Finland, keep in mind that the culture is very different from what you are used to in India or Pakistan. For example, Finns cherish personal space and silence, therefore avoid loud talks or physical touch with strangers. Furthermore, it is common for people to remove their shoes when entering someone’s house or some public venues, so carry socks and slippers while going outside.
In terms of public transportation, Helsinki has a great system that includes buses, trams, and trains. If you want to travel outside of the city, traveling by bus or renting a car are good choices. Remember that roadways can become slippery and difficult for driving during the winter months. If you’re visiting in the winter, be sure to look for the Northern Lights, and go to Lapland to experience traditional Finnish activities like reindeer sledding and ice fishing.
Finland is a genuinely unique and lovely tourist destination with a wide range of attractions and activities for visitors. Whether you are a summer traveler or planning to visit Finland in winters, the country has something for everyone in every season.
If you are planning to visit Finland, it is recommended to apply for your Finland Visit Visa well before your travel dates.
What is a Schengen visit visa?
A Schengen visit visa is a short term visa that permits a person to travel to any Schengen Zone State for tourism or business for up to 90 days.
Where is the Finland Embassy in Pakistan?
Finland does not have their Embassy in Pakistan. Embassy of Netherlands deals with all Finland Visa Applications.
What is VFS Global in Pakistan or India?
VFS Global is the exclusive service provider. It is a Government authorized company to provide administrative support services to visa applicants.
What is the VFS Service charges?
VFS charges a fee for their services. This fee may vary for each country. It is recommended to visit VFS Global website, select your country of residence to check their service charges. For Finnish Visa Applications
- VFS service charges in Pakistan: PKR 6,563
- VFS service charges in India: INR 2,351
Application Process Time For Finland Visit Visa
The application process can take up to 15 days, so it is important to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates.
DO NOT MISS!