If you’re a foreign worker who is looking to work in Quebec, Quebec Facilitated LMIA program may the best option for you in 2023. This program is designed to make it easier for Quebec employers to hire temporary foreign workers in 36 occupations. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Quebec Facilitated LMIA 2023, the in-demand occupations and what foreign workers need to know about it.
What is Quebec Facilitated LMIA?
As an Employer in Canada, getting a positive LMIA for a foreign worker is not easy. To hire a foreign worker employers must demonstrate that they have done their best efforts to fill the job position within Canada, but they are unable to find a suitable candidate.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) signed an agreement regarding the LMIA process for hiring foreign workers. Now, the employers applying under the facilitated LMIA process are no longer required to provide proof of recruitment efforts.
Each year, Government of Quebec updates a list of in demand occupations eligible for Facilitated LMIA. For 2023, this list is officially announced and employers in Quebec can hire foreign workers in these 36 occupations without going through a lengthy process of getting LMIA approval.
List of Occupations for Quebec Facilitated LMIA 2023
- 31120 – Pharmacists
- 31302 – Nurse practitioners
- 85100 – Livestock labourers
- 32124 – Pharmacy technicians
- 85101 – Harvesting labourers
- 31101 – Specialists in surgery
- 65310 – Light duty cleaners
- 32101 – Licensed practical nurses
- 41220 – Secondary school teachers
- 32120 – Medical laboratory technologists
- 41200 – University professors and lecturers
- 63201 – Butchers – retail and wholesale
- 31102 – General practitioners and family physicians
- 31100 – Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- 31301 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 32129 – Other medical technologists and technicians
- 85103 – Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- 94142 – Fish and seafood plant workers
- 95107 – Labourers in fish and seafood processing
- 42202 – Early childhood educators and assistants
- 41210 – College and other vocational instructors
- 41221 – Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- 43100 – Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- 65202 – Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- 33102 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- 33103 – Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- 33109 – Other assisting occupations in support of health services
- 32109 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 82030 – Agricultural service contractors and farm supervisors
- 31303 – Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
- 33101 – Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations
- 45100 – Student monitors, crossing guards and related occupations
- 84120 – Specialized livestock workers and farm machinery operators
- 95106 – Labourers in food, beverage and associated products processing
- 94141 – Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- 32103 – Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
Quebec Facilitated LMIA program offers an easier way for employers in Quebec to hire foreign workers in 36 designated occupations. This program is particularly beneficial for foreign workers who possess the necessary skills and qualifications to work in these in-demand occupations. By eliminating the need for employers to prove recruitment efforts, the Quebec Facilitated LMIA 2023 can streamline the process of obtaining a Canadian work permit and help foreign workers achieve their career goals in Quebec, Canada.