Are you looking for a fastest way to get Canada Work Permit in 2023. Now you can get it in just 10 days.
What is the Canada Immigration’s Global Talent Stream (GTS)
The Global Talent Stream (GTS) is a program under Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program that aims to expedite the processing of work permits for highly skilled foreign workers in certain in-demand occupations.
The program is designed to help Canadian companies attract and retain top talent in fields such as technology, science, and engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for GTS
The program is divided into two categories: Category A and Category B.
This category is for highly skilled workers in in-demand occupations that are considered to have the most significant economic benefit to Canada. This includes, but not limited to, positions in the fields of technology, science, engineering, and mathematics.
To qualify for Category A, the worker must have a unique and specialized talent and for the first 2 candidates under this category of GTS, the wage offered must be at least $38.46 per hour (Base Salary of $80,000 per year). For any additional (more than 2) candidate the wage would be at least $72.11 (Base Salary of $150,000 per year).
This category is for highly skilled workers in in-demand occupations that are not eligible for Category A. To qualify for Category B, the worker must meet the relevant NOC skill level, the job offer must be for a full-time position and must meet the prevailing wage level for the occupation in the region where the job is located.
Eligible employer should also be able to demonstrate that they are unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and they have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
Designated Partners (Employers) under Category A of the Global Talent Stream
There are certain employers (partners) who are eligible to hire foreign workers under Global Talent Stream – Category A.
You Can visit the Official website of Canadian Immigration Global Talent Stream to view the most updated list of designated partners.
NOC Codes and Occupations Eligible for Global Talent Stream – Category B
|NOC Code 2021||Occupation|
|20012||Computer and information systems managers|
|21310||Electrical and electronics engineers|
|21210||Mathematicians and statisticians (Some Occupations Excluded)|
|21221||Business system specialists|
|21222||Information systems specialists|
|21223||Database analysts and data administrators|
|21231||Software engineers and designers|
|21230||Computer systems developers and programmers|
|21232||Software developers and programmers|
|21234||Web developers and programmers|
|22310||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians|
|22220||Computer network technicians|
|22222||Information systems testing technicians|
|51120||Producer, technical, creative and artistic director and project manager – Visual effects and video game|
|52120||Digital media designers|
Canada Work Permit under Global Talent Stream
If you are a foreign worker and you have been offered a job by a Canadian employer that is a participant in the Global Talent Stream program, you may be eligible to apply for Canada work permit under the program.
To apply for a work permit under the Global Talent Stream, you will need to complete the following steps:
Your employer will need to pre-qualify for the program by demonstrating that they are an eligible employer and that they are looking to hire a highly skilled foreign worker to fill a specific in-demand position.
Once your employer has been pre-qualified, they will need to submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application to Service Canada, outlining the reasons why the position cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
After receiving a positive LMIA, you will need to submit an application for a work permit, along with any other required documents such as proof of qualifications and identity, to the appropriate visa office.
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by an immigration officer. If the officer is satisfied that you meet all the requirements for the program, your work permit will be issued.
ALSO READ: APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT FROM OUTSIDE CANADA
Note that the processing time for Canada work permit under the Global Talent Stream can be as little as 10 business days, but this 10-day processing time is only a target and not a guarantee. It may take longer in cases where additional verifications, security or background checks are required.
Benefits of Global Talent Stream
The Global Talent Stream program offers several benefits for both employers and foreign workers. Some of the main benefits of the program include:
- Expedited processing: One of the main benefits of the Global Talent Stream is that it allows for expedited processing of work permits for highly skilled foreign workers. The program’s goal is to process work permit applications within 10 business days for certain highly skilled workers under Category A.
- Access to in-demand talent: The Global Talent Stream program is designed to help Canadian employers access top talent in fields such as technology, science, engineering, and mathematics. This can help Canadian companies stay competitive and grow their business.
- Job creation: The Global Talent Stream program is intended to help Canadian companies create jobs for Canadians. Employers must demonstrate that the hiring of the foreign worker is necessary to help their company grow and create jobs for Canadians.
- Contribution to the Canadian economy: Highly skilled foreign workers under the Global Talent Stream program can make significant contributions to the Canadian economy through their skills and expertise. They may also bring new technologies, ideas and innovation to Canadian businesses.
- Pathway to Permanent Residence: For foreign workers under the Global Talent Stream, this program may provide an opportunity to work in Canada and gain Canadian work experience while potentially being eligible to apply for Permanent Residency under the different programs under Express entry system.
It is important to note that eligibility requirements and application process is subject to change, it is recommended to visit the official government website and/or consult with any immigration lawyer if you are looking to apply under Global Talent Stream.