Tech workers are high in demand in the province. Saskatchewan PNP introduced a New Tech talent Pathway for these high demand NOC Codes / Occupations.
This New Tech Talent Pathway was announced by Saskatchewan Provincial Immigration on 7th March, 2022. It is a sub-category under International Skilled Workers program of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
Tech job sector in the Province of Saskatchewan is facing an all time high labour shortage as well as tech sector is one of the fastest growing industry in Canada. This new Immigration pathway “Tech talent Pathway” of Saskatchewan PNP help Employers to overcome their labour shortage and also going to attract more Foreign Workers and young talent into the province. This will support the economic growth of the Saskatchewan Province.
Jeremy Harrison The Minister for Immigration and Career Training said in a media report that “As Saskatchewan emerges from the impacts of the global pandemic, our technology sector will be an important driver of economic growth”. This new stream will bring in a lot of international talent in Tech Industry of Saskatchewan.
This pathway of Saskatchewan PNP will not only help employers to hire the Tech talent locally, it will also help Saskatchewan Employers to recruit this industry workers from outside Canada.
Who is Eligible?
There are different eligibility requirements for Tech Talent Pathway applicants with Express Entry Profile and Without Express Entry profile.
NOC codes and occupations eligible for Tech Talent Pathway
- NOC Code 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- NOC Code 2133 – Electrical and Electronics engineers
- NOC Code 2147 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- NOC Code 2171 – Information System analysts and consultants
- NOC Code 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC Code 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC Code 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC Code 2175 – Web designers and developers
- NOC Code 2281 – Computer network technicians
- NOC Code 2282 – User support technicians
- NOC Code 2283 – Information system testing technicians
Requirements for Non-Express Entry Candidates
Applicants can qualify for this sub-stream if they live outside Canada or present in Canada on a legal status except Refugee Claimants
- Valid Job offer from Saskatchewan Employer in an Eligible Occupation along with SINP Job Approval letter.
- Work Experience: (working full time, 30+ hours a week) If the applicant is already working in Saskatchewan with the same Employer who is offering a Job, then the required work experience is 6 months and if the the Job is offered by another Employer within Saskatchewan, then the requirement will be 1 year. But, when the applicant is Outside Canada, then the Work Experience required is of 1 year in the past 5 years. And this work experience should be in the same occupation, in which the Job is offered.
- Language Requirements: If the applicant is in Saskatchewan and working with the same Employer who offered you a job, then the language ability is assessed by the Employer. In all other cases like applying from outside Canada, the applicant must provide the English and/or French language test results of at least CLB (Canadian language Benchmark) 5 or up.
- If the candidate’s occupation falls under NOC Code 2147, NOC Code 2173 and NOC Code 2133, special letters from APEGS (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan) are required. For details, visit Saskatchewan PNP official website.
- Education: A relevant degree is required for the job you are being offered. Post Secondary Educational Degree (Master’s or Bachelor’s).
- Intention to live permanently in Saskatchewan.
Requirements for Express Entry Candidates
The candidates having a valid express entry profile can apply for The Tech Talent Pathway. The Permanent Residence application under Express Entry takes less time, maximum up to 6 months.
The applicants with Express Entry profile, living outside Canada, inside Canada on a legal status and are not a Refugee Claimant can apply under this sub-stream.
- Job Offer: Applicant must have a Permanent Full time Job offer in one of the eligible occupation. Also in possession of an SINP Job Approval Letter.
- A valid Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Code.
- Language: Same as required by federal express entry system.
- Work Experience: If the Job is offered by the same Employer, the applicant is working with, then 6 months of full time (30+ hours/week) experience is required. If the Employer who is offering the Job is different then 1 full year of experience is required. If the applicant is Outside Canada, 1 full year of work experience is required in the past 5 years.
- If your occupation is under NOC Code 2147, NOC Code 2173 and NOC Code 2133, a letter from APEGS (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan) is required. For details, visit Saskatchewan PNP website.
- Education: Post Secondary education is required. Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree relevant to your occupation.
- Intention to stay in Saskatchewan.
These requirements may change at anytime, but immigration will consider the information, which was published on Saskatchewan PNP official Website at the time they received your application.
How to Apply
The first basic requirement is a Job Offer. Start your Job Search in Canada by visiting the following links.
Other Instructions from the Saskatchewan Immigration
- Must follow the application guidelines provided by the Saskatchewan PNP.
- Clearly scan and submit all the documents.
- All those documents in your local language must be translated in English or French.
- Submit your EOI Expression of Interest through SINP Online Portal.
Please provide your feedback to improve gocanadiandream.com Help us improve