UAE’s New Labour law introduced this month brings in a lot of labour market boost and Economic growth as well.
The Director General of the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (FAHR), Dr. Abdulrahman Al Awar said that these New permits will plenty of work options for workers inside and outside UAE.
Under this new law, UAE government will issue work permits for Juveniles, Part time workers, Full time workers, regular company employees, Freelancers and Golder Visa Holders.
There are two special work permits introduced in this new law, one is for part-time workers, now they can work for more than one employer in UAE. and 2nd is a self sponsored Work Permit.
12 New Work Permits of UAE: (starting February 2022)
- TWP Temporary Work Permits: Companies are allowed to hire workers on project basis to work for them for a set period of time.
- One Mission Permit: Employers can hire workers from any other country for a specific work / task and/or a set period of time.
- Part Time Work permits: This is a good new opportunity for workers, now they can work for more than one employer for specific number of hours and days.
- Juvenile: It will allow Employers to hire juveniles under certain conditions, the age limit is set in between 15 and 18.
- Student Training: This new work permit will allow employers to hire young persons aged 15 under certain conditions.
- UAE/GCC Nationals Permit: this permit will be issued when any employer will hire a UAE/GCC citizen.
- Golden Visa Permit: Now the UAE’s Golden Visa Holders can get this new type of work permit if they get hired by any company or establishment within UAE.
- National Trainee: This type of permit will be issued only to UAE nationals for training work with different companies in different fields.
- Freelancer Work permit: This is a Self-Sponsored Work Permit, it will allow foreign national to work in UAE for a specific task/ project, or to work for any employer in UAE for a fix period of time. No Contract or Company Sponsorship required for this type of Work permit.
- Regular Work permit: This is a regular work permit as in practice before to hire someone from inside or outside UAE.
- Transfer Work permit: It will allow the transfer of any worker from one company to any other company registered with the ministry.
- Family Sponsored Work permit: Now anyone sponsored to UAE by their family can get this new type of work permit.