SINP Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program


The SNP is divided into four programs which are
  1. The international skilled worker
  2. The Saskatchewan experience
  3. Entrepreneur
  4. The farm owner and operator programs

Among all of these the International Skilled Worker and the Saskatchewan Experience streams are the most sought after ones as they are meant for skilled professionals and the other two streams are really expensive as they require a lot of capital investment.

International skilled worker stream is further divided into three sub-streams which are

– The occupation in demand

– Employment offer

– The saskatchewan express entry stream

The employment offer is a stream as the name suggests requires a job offer from an employer in Saskatchewan. The Express Entry stream has high requirements like a high CLB7 IELTS requirement etc. As it is an express entry oriented stream. So the Occupation in Demand stream has the least requirements that’s why we’ll be covering this Stream in this article.

Who can apply under the occupation in demand stream:

Those candidates who are working in occupations or NOCs that are currently in demand in Saskatchewan. you don’t necessarily have to have a job offer from the province but you do need to meet the eligibility criteria. This stream gives the opportunity to candidates to get their Canadian Permanent Residence through the SINP even if they don’t qualify for the express entry program and if they don’t have a high CRS score to make an express entry profile. Apart from tech engineering and IT positions that are in demand for most provinces, Saskatchewan has shown a demand for positions in real estate, sales, caretakers, store workers, clerks, registered nurses and truck drivers as well.


For this stream the first requirement is your education, the minimum education requirement for this stream is a High School degree or a diploma. You’ll need an ECA report for all education credentials completed outside canada from designated evaluation services. You can get your ECA from WES, ICS, IQAS, ICE or comparative education service from the University of Toronto.

Next requirement is language proficiency. You’ll need a language test score of at least CLB4 in your IELTS or your test for French CLB4.

Next requirement is work experience. You’ll need to have a minimum of one year of skilled work experience which means it should be from NOC 0, A or B. You can find the NOC skill level of your job position directly from the Canadian Immigration Portal (Link is given Below).

This experience must be aligned with your studies so it has to be related to your field of education. This experience can be recent or even from any time in the past 10 years. You need reference letters from your supervisor or human resources officer to prove your work experience. Which must be printed on company letterheads.

There’s a list of excluded occupations listed on the SINP website you won’t be eligible for this program. If your job falls under these excluded occupations, you can apply through any other SINP stream.

Excluded Occupation List for the SINP’s

Note that NOC “C” (occupations that usually require high-school or job-specific training) and
NOC “D” (occupations that usually require on-the-job training) skill levels are not eligible for the

These occupations may be eligible through the International Skilled Worker Employment Offer
and Saskatchewan Work Experience subcategories if your employer has registered with the
Government of Saskatchewan and received approval for the job offer.

0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
0311 Managers in health care
0411 Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration
0412 Government managers – economic analysis, policy development and program administration
0413 Government managers – education policy development and program administration
0414 Other managers in public administration
0422 School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education
0431 Commissioned police officers
0432 Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers
0433 Commissioned officers of the Canadian Forces
0511 Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers
0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
0513 Recreation, sports and fitness program and service directors
0823 Managers in aquaculture
1111 Financial auditors and accountants
1113 Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
1227 Court officers and justices of the peace
1228 Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers
1312 Insurance adjusters and claims examiners
1314 Assessors, valuators and appraisers
1315 Customs, ship and other brokers
2111 Physicists and astronomers
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
2114 Meteorologists and climatologists
2115 Other professional occupations in physical sciences
2122 Forestry professionals
2145 Petroleum engineers
2146 Aerospace engineers
2152 Landscape architects
2153 Urban and land use planners
2271 Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors
2273 Deck officers, water transport
2274 Engineer officers, water transport
2275 Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators
3011 Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
3111 Specialist physicians
3112 General practitioners and family physicians
3113 Dentists
3114 Veterinarians
3121 Optometrists
3124 Allied primary health practitioners
3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
3131 Pharmacists
3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
3142 Physiotherapists
3144 Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
3213 Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
3221 Denturists
3222 Dental hygienists and dental therapists
3231 Opticians
3232 Practitioners of natural healing
3233 Licensed practical nurses
3236 Massage therapists
4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
4031 Secondary school teachers
4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
4111 Judges
4112 Lawyers and Quebec notaries
4154 Professional occupations in religion
4155 Probation and parole officers and related occupations
4168 Program officers unique to government
4217 Other religious occupations
4311 Police officers (except commissioned)
4312 Firefighters
4313 Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Forces
5111 Librarians
5112 Conservators and curators
5113 Archivists
5121 Authors and writers
5122 Editors
5123 Journalists
5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters
5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
5132 Conductors, composers and arrangers
5133 Musicians and singers
5134 Dancers
5135 Actors and comedians
5136 Painters, sculptors and other visual artists
5211 Library and public archive technicians
5212 Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries
5221 Photographers
5222 Film and video camera operators
5223 Graphic arts technicians
5224 Broadcast technicians
5225 Audio and video recording technicians
5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing
5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
5231 Announcers and other broadcasters
5232 Other performers, n.e.c.
5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
5242 Interior designers and interior decorators
5243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers
5244 Artisans and craftspersons
5245 Patternmakers – textile, leather and fur products
5251 Athletes
5252 Coaches
5253 Sports officials and referees
5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness
6231 Insurance agents and brokers
6232 Real estate agents and salespersons
6311 Food service supervisors
6314 Customer and information services supervisors
6341 Hairstylists and barbers
6343 Shoe repairers and shoemakers
6346 Funeral directors and embalmers
7233 Sheet metal workers
7247 Cable television service and maintenance technicians
7253 Gas fitters
7303 Supervisors, printing and related occupations
7316 Machine fitters
7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
7331 Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics
7361 Railway and yard locomotive engineers
7372 Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction
8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
8261 Fishing masters and officers
8262 Fishermen/women
9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
9217 Supervisors, textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing
9221 Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
9222 Supervisors, electronics manufacturing
9223 Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing
9224 Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
9235 Pulping, papermaking and coating control operators
9243 Water and waste treatment plant operator

Next is Professional Status or License Requirements, which are also known as Certifications for some occupations that are regulated in Canada. You might have to provide proof of professional status which is another term for certifications particularly for regulated jobs in Canada. You might also be asked to provide additional documents over and above this as well, depending on your profession until which your application will be held for processing. Be sure to include all the required and requested documents in your application. As missing documents will result in your incomplete application being returned and your application fee will go to waste.

Next the most important part the SINP points assessment grid in order to qualify for this stream, you need a minimum score of 60 points out of 110. The higher your points are the better your chances for getting an invitation from the province. You can find this points assessment grid below

Master’s or Doctorate degree (Canadian equivalency).23
Bachelor’s degree OR at least a three-year degree at a university or college.20
Trade certification equivalent to journeyperson status in Saskatchewan.20
Canadian equivalency diploma that requires two (but less than three) years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other post-secondary institution.15
Canadian equivalency certificate or at least two semesters (but less than a two-year program) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other post-secondary institution.12
Your work experience must relate to the job you have put on your application.One year of work experience equals 12 full months.
a) Work experience in the 5 years prior to application submission date.
5 years10
4 years8
3 years6
2 years4
1 year2
b) In the 6-10 years prior to application submission date.
5 years5
4 years4
3 years3
2 years2
Less than 1 year0
LANGUAGE ABILITYCheck IRCC’s website to convert your IELTS, CELPIP or TEF scores to CLB 4-10.
a) First Language Test (English or French) 
CLB 8 and higher20
CLB 718
CLB 616
CLB 514
CLB 412
English or French speaker without language test results.0
b) Second Language Test (English or French) 
 CLB 8 or higher10 
 CLB 7
 CLB 6
 CLB 5
 CLB 4
 Not Applicable
Less than 18 years0
18 – 21 years8
22 – 34 years12
35 – 45 years10
46 – 50 years8
More than 50 years0

Points are given for having a connection to the Saskatchewan labour market. This shows your ability to successfully settle in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident.
The following points are for the Employment Offer subcategory only:
High skilled employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer30
The following points are for the Occupation In-Demand and Saskatchewan Express Entry subcategories only
Close family relative in Saskatchewan
The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan. This includes a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category.
Past work experience in Saskatchewan
At least 12 months of work in the past five years on a valid work permit.
Past student experience in Saskatchewan
At least one full-time academic year at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution on a valid study permit.

It is divided into two main factors. The first factor is the Labor Market Success factor which determines how easy you would find it to get into the labor market of the province. It includes your education and trade certifications, your work experience, your language ability and your age. The maximum points you can score from the first factor is 80.

Factor 2 determines your Connections and Adaptability to Saskatchewan. This includes job offers from the province, a close family relation in the province which includes a parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step family members or in-laws of the same relationships that are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents living in Saskatchewan and also any past work or study in the province. The maximum points you can score from the second factor is 30, so you’ll have to make sure that you can score more than 60 points through all of these factors in order to qualify for the stream.

Next is Settlement Funds or Proof of Funds required for the SINP stream. Like any other immigration program without the need for a job offer, you need to prove that you have enough funds to support yourself and your dependent family members until you get a job, so you need a certain amount depending on the number of members in your family. You’ll have to count your family members even if they are not coming with you to Canada. Below is the table of required funds for Canada PR.

This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.

Number of
family members
Funds required
(in Canadian dollars)
For each additional family member$3,560

Funds required in your account for a minimum of three months before you submit your complete application.

Last requirement is a Settlement Plan, which you need to get from IRCC’s Living in Canada tool. (Link Below)

You can use this online tool to basically get resources and services that help you plan for your Residency in Saskatchewan. After you land, you’ll have to just answer a few questions online like where you’re applying from, where you’re looking for to immigrate to etc. after you answer the questions on the Living in Canada tool, it’ll create your Settlement Plan for you, which you can directly print or email to yourself from that page in order to attach to your application.

You can watch our Video on this Topic in Urdu / Hindi

3 thoughts on “SINP Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

  1. Hello! I’ve been reading your web site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *